Mr Ata Kasis MD, FRCS (Trau&Orth)
Mr Kasis completed his basic surgical training in Guy’s/St Thomas’ and St Mary’s Hospitals in London in 2001, and then obtained a research MD degree in orthopaedics at the University of Sheffield.
Mr Kasis completed his higher orthopaedic training in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne and went on to complete a spinal fellowship in the Gold Coast Spine Unit in Australia with Dr Matthew Scott-Young.
Mr Kasis practices as an orthopaedic spinal surgeon in
- Wansbeck General Hospital, Ashington, Northumberland
- Hexham General Hospital, Hexham, Northumberland
- Nuffield Hospital, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
View Mr Kasis’ profile at www.nuffieldhealth.com/consultants/mr-ata-kasis
- Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital in Cramlington, Northumberland
Mr Kasis treats NHS, BUPA insured and self-funded private patients.
Being competent in all approaches to the spine (operating from both the front and back) to treat a wide variety of spinal conditions, as well as current concepts of treatment of the spine, Mr Kasis strives to match the patient’s condition with the most appropriate technology available through approaches that are less invasive.
“Mr Kasis asked me what I wanted from him; I said my life back. 11 months post op thats what I have got from the surgery.”
Click to read more testimonials.
Mr Kasis has presented in International spine meetings on the outcome of anterior lumbar fusion and total disc replacement.
Mr Kasis is affiliated with the following professional organisations:
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians of Glasgow
- Member of the British Association of Spine Surgeons
- Member of the North American Spine Society
- Member of the International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery
Ashleigh Grant, (NVQ 2&3 Diploma in Business & Administration, Foundation Degree in Service Improvement)
Mrs Grant is a highly qualified personal assistant. She is in charge of booking the outpatient appointments, organising operating lists, and also dealing with all the general enquiries. In addition she ensures that your GP (and your physiotherapist) will get timely correspondence from your surgeon about the surgical management, rehabilitation program and follow-up appointment.